DescriptionThis workshop is designed for students at a mid-intermediate level of French.
Topics CoveredClasses will provide instruction in listening and speaking at a high-intermediate level. Workshop content, which includes grammatical structures, thematic vocabulary, functional expressions and oral communication techniques, is aimed at helping the students develop the communicative and linguistic skills required to operate effectively in a variety of situations related to the profession.
Learning OutcomesBy the end of this workshop, students will be able to:
- Use a semi-specialized and/or specialized vocabulary specific to various topics related to the medical profession;
- Participate confidently in a wide variety of professional exchanges within partly predictable and non-predictable contexts;
- Elaborate on subjects relevant to the field;
- Develop arguments to explain and defend their point of view, position, decisions and/or actions;
- Interact with French speakers within a variety of professional contexts;
- Compensate for linguistic weaknesses with relevant communication strategies;
- Understand the general meaning of oral exchanges and discourse in non-predictable contexts.
Who Should Attend?
- Healthcare workers and/or students