DescriptionA workshop for students with a basic knowledge of French.
Topics CoveredClasses will provide instruction in listening and speaking at a elementary level. Workshop content, including grammatical structures, phonetics, situational vocabulary and functional expressions, is aimed at helping the students develop the elementary communicative skills required to operate in simple social and work-related contexts.
Learning OutcomesBy the end of this workshop, students will be able to:
- Use an elementary vocabulary specific to simple social and work-related contexts;
- Ask and answer a variety of questions related to familiar and/or general interest topics;
- Speak briefly about their work environment and their tasks, about present, past and future actions;
- Produce a variety of short oral messages in predictable and semi-predictable contexts;
- Interact with French speakers within a variety of simple work-related situations;
- Globally understand a variety of simple oral exchanges embedded in simple but non-adapted settings.
Who Should Attend?
- Healthcare workers and/or students