DescriptionA workshop designed for students with no – or very little – previous exposure to French.
Topics CoveredClasses will provide instruction in listening and speaking at a basic level. Workshop content, including grammatical structures, phonetics and situational vocabulary, is aimed at helping the students acquire the basic communicative skills required to operate in simple everyday and work-related settings.
Learning OutcomesBy the end of this workshop, students will be able to:
- Use a basic vocabulary specific to simple everyday and workplace contexts;
- Ask and answer simple questions related to concrete and familiar topics;
- Give simple instructions in a work-related context;
- Produce simple oral messages in various predictable contexts;
- Give basic information about themselves, their patients and their daily activities;
- Understand simple requests or instructions; globally understand short oral exchanges embedded in simplified and adapted settings.
Who Should Attend?
- Healthcare workers and/or students