Managers who are effectively involved in the growth and development of their employees make behaviour change happen. The manager with a coaching mind-set builds a work environment that guides employees to achieve higher levels of skills, increased engagement, and promotes personal development. As more organizations adopt a coaching culture, the need for expertise in coaching grows.
Coaching recognizes the inherent potential of people and as a collaborative process (manager-employee) widens the sphere of intellect and impacts the learning process. By using a “coach approach," managers shift from being directive and controlling to coaching for exceptional results.
This interactive workshop offers managers an opportunity to envision how they can develop a coaching culture by discovering the inherent benefits of a “solution-focused” model of coaching. Participants will gain the understanding of how coaching promotes trust and collaboration, leads to better working relationships, and can enhance motivation, engagement, and commitment in the workplace.
- What is coaching?
- Process of coaching in the workplace
- Personal coaching styles
- Understanding of coaching models
- Tool chest of coaching skills
- Case scenarios
- Situational skills of coaching
- Coaching for motivating others
- Coaching for engagement
- Coaching for performanceCoaching practice and feedback sessions
At the end of this workshop participants will be able to:
- experience first-hand the cutting edge coaching technology currently used by coaches
- demonstrate that self empowerment is a key component in embedding coaching into the culture of an organization
- leverage employees’ strengths in order to improve opportunities for growth
- set and communicate appropriate goals and expectations when coaching employees
- provide positive and constructive feedback in a way that motivates and leads to positive changes
- learn “what to say” and “how to say it” when providing feedback to staff.
Who Should Attend?Executives, managers, and supervisors; Staff looking to progress into a management position; Professionals wanting to learn advanced communication and coaching as a management skill.
Course Fee: $895
Duration (hours): 14
Discounts: McGill alumni and current students, as well as corporate groups of 3 or more participants, benefit from a 15% discount.