Faced with a challenging work life, many people simply cope. But ‘making the best of it’ seldom allows us to do our best. Effective self-management is essential for professionals who wish to do their best, lead themselves and lead others, and is a foundation of setting and achieving valuable, fulfilling goals. This workshop is for the professional who understands that their own self-management is both beneficial and right at hand.
This workshop begins your progress from a demanding work life to where you can begin understanding and practicing the primary elements of self-leadership. Self-management will be surveyed as an outcome of self-awareness and as an introduction to leading others effectively, with an eye to fostering your own exceptional performance at work and in life.
- Emotional intelligence
- Self-awareness (preferences and values)
- Prioritization and time management
- Stress management
- Self-development and self-motivation
- Communication issues
At the end of this course the participant is able to:
- Evaluate your preferences, strengths and values.
- Understand and apply crucial elements of personal prioritization and time and stress management to your professional and personal lives.
- Recognize how motivation can play a role in your own self-management.
- Create self-motivating strategies to increase effectiveness.
- Know the basic issues of communication to manage the relationships around you.
- Produce your own personal development plan to advance your own self-management/self-leadership goals.
Who Should Attend
Professionals; individual contributors or those who lead others; with a focus on those who have recently begun leading/managing (first-line managers, mid-managers who have risen to the next hierarchical level of leadership responsibility, etc.).
Individual Coaching Sessions
Need more guidance and support? Why not book coaching sessions?
A series of individual coaching sessions in a confidential one-on-one setting is one of the most effective ways to reinforce and to support the transfer of learning from the classroom to the workplace and/or personal life.
What is coaching?
The International Coach Federation defines coaching as a partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential. Coaching is a professional relationship in which an individual gets support in achieving a specific personal, professional or organizational goal through an open dialogue with a trusted partner. Coaching is task-oriented and performance-driven.
Your coaching package consists of:
- Five coaching sessions over a period of six months:
- Session 1 (30 mins): This initial session will be aimed at discussing your needs, challenges and desired goals, as well as, setting a schedule and format for future sessions.
- Session 2 (60 mins): Will deal with applying the learning to specific leadership challenges you are currently facing.
- Sessions 3 + 4: (60 mins each) - These sessions are designed to discuss results achieved on initial goals, any obstacles encountered, setting subsequent goals and, identifying any further support required.
- Session 5 (30 mins) - This final session will bring closure to the coaching relationship with a review of results and final recommendations.
Please note: Coaching sessions can take place by Skype, phone or web-conferencing. You will be able to discuss and agree on a specific schedule and format of the sessions directly with your coach.
Fees: $1,200 ($300 x 4 hours) per person per workshop. Additional 1-hour sessions will be charged at $350/hour + taxes
Click here to register for Individual Coaching Sessions