Interest in leadership has increased exponentially over the last several decades, paralleling the rapid changes taking place in the world; its importance for personal success and organizational performance is well documented. Traditional command and control approaches to people management no longer work. Today’s organizations need leaders at all organizational levels, and those who have demonstrated the capability to lead will be earmarked for increasing responsibility.
This workshop aims to help you think differently about leadership, and how you can develop into the leader you are capable of becoming. It focuses on helping you learn and leverage specific competencies gained from best-practices in order to first lead yourself, and then lead others.
- Leadership versus Management
- Stress & Time Management
- Power & Influence
- Leadership Styles
- Team Membership & Leadership
- Continuous Learning
At the end of this workshop the participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate self leadership and management
- Avoid common pitfalls when leading
- Leverage their strengths and neutralize their limitations to develop as leaders
- Behave in ways that build and maintain trustful relationships
- Actively listen to develop relationships and communicate to generate results
- Use several influence strategies to overcome resistance and gain commitment
- Identify how they prefer to lead and flex their style according to the situation in order to be more effective
- Practice effective team member and leader behaviours
- Create their own personal development plan to develop into the leader they are capable of becoming
Who Should Attend
This workshop is for any professional who is called upon to lead others, either formally or informally, in order to accomplish their work. While specifically designed to help individual contributors or recently appointed managers start off on the right path to meet the challenges of leading others, it will also appeal to more experienced managers who perceive the need to change how they lead in order to improve their effectiveness.
Individual Coaching Sessions
Need more guidance and support? Why not book coaching sessions?
A series of individual coaching sessions in a confidential one-on-one setting is one of the most effective ways to reinforce and to support the transfer of learning from the classroom to the workplace and/or personal life.
What is coaching?
The International Coach Federation defines coaching as a partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential. Coaching is a professional relationship in which an individual gets support in achieving a specific personal, professional or organizational goal through an open dialogue with a trusted partner. Coaching is task-oriented and performance-driven.
Your coaching package consists of:
- Five coaching sessions over a period of six months:
- Session 1 (30 mins): This initial session will be aimed at discussing your needs, challenges and desired goals, as well as, setting a schedule and format for future sessions.
- Session 2 (60 mins): Will deal with applying the learning to specific leadership challenges you are currently facing.
- Sessions 3 + 4: (60 mins each) - These sessions are designed to discuss results achieved on initial goals, any obstacles encountered, setting subsequent goals and, identifying any further support required.
- Session 5 (30 mins) - This final session will bring closure to the coaching relationship with a review of results and final recommendations.
Please note: Coaching sessions can take place by Skype, phone or web-conferencing. You will be able to discuss and agree on a specific schedule and format of the sessions directly with your coach.
Fees: $1,200 ($300 x 4 hours) per person per workshop. Additional 1-hour sessions will be charged at $350/hour + taxes
Click here to register for Individual Coaching Sessions
PMI® Professional Development Units (PDUs): 21.00 (0.00 Technical, 21.00 Leadership, 0.00 Strategic)
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.