This course is aligned with the CCBA® (Certification of Capability in Business Analysis) & CBAP® (Certified Business Analysis Professional) competencies. More information: CCBA Competencies / CBAP Competencies
- Enterprise analysis
- Stakeholder analysis
- Business analysis planning
- SMART requirements and attributes
- Requirement management & monitoring
- Requirements in the project life cycle
- Requirements elicitation techniques
- Interactive communication for success
- Facilitating the requirement workshop
- Business process modeling techniques
- Use cases
- Business rules and data models
- Requirements verification and validation
- Solution assessment and transitioning to deployment
- Presenting requirements
- Lean 6 Sigma in the BA world
- The agile business analyst
- Business standards: BABOK®
- Business analysis Workshops
- Case study
The course is designed to enable you to:
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of the underlying principles of business analysis on which the IIBA® standard 'BABOK®' Guide is based
- Articulate the key roles, responsibilities, and skills required of a successful Business Analyst
- Formulate a requirements’ management plan that will define all types of requirements, including business, stakeholder, solution
(functional & non-functional), and transition requirements
- Apply business analysis techniques: elicitation, analysis, modeling (process & data), documenting, communicating, verifying, and validating requirements.
- Become a more effective change agent
- Identify root causes of problems
- Develop and generate creative and innovative solutions
- Prepare to eventually qualify for and write the IIBA ECBA ®, CCBA™, CBAP®, or PMI-PBA certification exams.
This course is aligned with the industry standard Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® Guide (BABOK® Guide v3) published by the International Institute of Business Analysis® (IIBA®), and with the Business Analysis for Practitioners: A Practice Guide, published by the Project Management Institute (PMI)®.
McGill University - School of Continuing Studies has been in affiliation with the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA®) since 2009 and is currently an Academic Member and a licensee of the BABOK® Guide.
- For more information on the ECBA® (Entry Certificate in Business Analysis™) eligibility, click here.
- For more information on the CCBA (Certificate of Capability in Business Analysis™) eligibility, click here.
- For more information on the CBAP (Certified Business Analysis Professional®) eligibility, click here.
- For more information on the PMI-PBA (PMI Professional in Business Analysis) eligibility, click here.
IIBA® PD contact hours: 76
Applies Towards the Following Programs
- Professional Development Certificate in Business Analysis : Required Courses