Get the skills you need to build your career path as a business analyst.
With guidance from experienced professionals, you’ll be able to plan, manage, analyze, document, and communicate requirements at all levels.
This course is aligned with the industry standard Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® Guide (BABOK® Guide v3) published by the International Institute of Business Analysis® (IIBA®), and with the Business Analysis for Practitioners: A Practice Guide, published by the Project Management Institute (PMI)®.
McGill University - School of Continuing Studies has been in affiliation with the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA®) since 2009 and is currently an Academic Member and a licensee of the BABOK® Guide.
Successful completion of this course with a grade of 77% or higher, leads to a co-branded IIBA-McGill Academic Certificate in Business Analysis.
Course fee includes:
Featured topics include:
- Enterprise analysis
- Stakeholder analysis
- Business analysis planning
- SMART requirements and attributes
- Requirement management & monitoring
- Requirements in the project life cycle
- Requirements elicitation techniques
- Interactive communication for success
- Facilitating the requirement workshop
- Business process modeling techniques
- Use cases
- Business rules and data models
- Requirements verification and validation
- Solution assessment and transitioning to deployment
- Presenting requirements
- Lean 6 Sigma in the BA world
- The agile business analyst
- Business standards: BABOK®
- Business analysis Workshops
- Case study
The course is designed to enable you to:
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of the underlying principles of business analysis on which the IIBA® standard 'BABOK®' Guide is based
- Articulate the key roles, responsibilities, and skills required of a successful Business Analyst
- Formulate a requirements’ management plan that will define all types of requirements, including business, stakeholder, solution
(functional & non-functional), and transition requirements
- Apply business analysis techniques: elicitation, analysis, modeling (process & data), documenting, communicating, verifying, and validating requirements.
- Become a more effective change agent
- Identify root causes of problems
- Develop and generate creative and innovative solutions
- Prepare to eventually qualify for and write the IIBA ECBA ®° CCBA™* CBAP®** or PMI-PBA*** certification exams.
°For more information on the ECBA® (Entry Certificate in Business AnalysisTM) eligibility, click here.
* For more information on the CCBA (Certification of Competency in Business Analysis™) eligibility, click here.
**For more information on the CBAP (Certified Business Analysis Professional®) eligibility, click here.
*** For more information on the PMI-PBA (PMI Professional in Business Analysis) eligibility, click here.
IIBA® PD contact hours: 76
PMI-PBA® (PMI Professional in Business Analysis) hours/PDUs: 76 (42.50 Technical, 18.00 Leadership, 15.50 Strategic)
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc