(30 INFORMS PDUs)
The PDUs earned through this non-credit-bearing course can be used by CAP and aCAP certificants to satisfy the 30 PDUs needed to renew their certification every three (3) years. More Info.
- Introduction to Regression and Classification Analysis
- Model Evaluation and Resampling Methods
- Model and Variable Selection
- Dimension Reduction
- Tree-Based Methods and Ensemble Learning
- Support Vector Machines
- Introduction to Unsupervised Learning
The course is designed to enable you to:
- Use python to visualize and execute a predictive model;
- Install, load, and use conventional libraries related to machine learning and statistical modeling;
- Combine different algorithms in order to execute a predictive task;
- Implement parameter estimation and regularization;
- Perform model selection and model inference;
- Improve predictive performance by combining various algorithms;
- Interpret results of applied statistical methods.
This course is supported by DataCamp, the most intuitive learning platform for data science. Learn R, Python and SQL the way you learn best through a combination of short expert videos and hands-on-the-keyboard exercises. Take over 100+ courses by expert instructors on topics such as importing data, data visualization or machine learning and learn faster through immediate and personalized feedback on every exercise.
Prerequisite(s) and Corequisite(s)
Applies Towards the Following Programs
- Professional Development Certificate in Data Science and Machine Learning : Required Courses