The course is designed to enable you to:
- Articulate the key role, responsibilities, and skills required of a successful project manager.
- Formulate a project plan that will guide the project to completion while addressing key management issues.
- Evaluate a project and its environment, assess its true status, pinpoint real issues, and implement corrective action.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of both traditional and agile approaches to managing projects, and how these approaches must be adapted to specific project environment.
- Plan and track your projects using Microsoft Project software.
- Understand inherent tradeoffs between time, costs, scope, and resources.
- Provide insight on how project collaboration tools may be used to radically change the way project information is shared.
- Apply techniques for building and leading effective, self-motivated project teams.
- Prepare a risk assessment and mitigation strategy.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of the underlying principles of project management on which the PMI® standard PMBOK® Guide is based.
- Meet formal project management education requirement to be eligible to apply to take Project Management Professional (PMP)® or Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® certification exams. For more information on PMP® eligibility, click here .
PMI® Professional Development Units (PDUs):
- 78.00 (43 Technical, 12 Leadership, 23 Strategic)
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc. PMP and PMBOK are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
“McGill provided me with the structure I needed to elevate my competence to the next level and I now consider myself a project manager first and foremost. Since completing the course I have led project teams in the realization of over a hundred projects including warehouses, factories, offices, gyms and stores.”
- Marc Laliberté, Project Management (Winner of the PMI Montreal Prix élixir - La Relève 2014)
Applies Towards the Following Programs
- Professional Development Certificate in Project Management : Required Courses: