Project management skills are required in any workplace – whatever your profession. Whether you need to understand the fundamentals or intend to choose a career in project management, the Project Management: Practice & Certification online course, developed by experienced McGill instructors, is a great place to start!
Learn at your own pace. Delve deeper into unfamiliar concepts. Perfect what you know. Solidify your understanding of project management fundamentals. Practice new skills. Focus on trouble spots. Expand your knowledge and know-how on your schedule – anywhere you go, at any convenient time.
This comprehensive online course is fully aligned with A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, (PMBOK® Guide) - Sixth Edition and consists of 15 online modules. Case studies, quizzes, live webinars led by McGill’s project management experts - as well as practical tips and advice provided by experienced project management professionals - complement the theory and concepts explained in the course. Downloadable templates allow you to apply your learning immediately on the job.
Your virtual mentors – McGill instructors who are seasoned project management professionals – share real-life cases and in-the-field experience through mentor video clips.
As part of this course, you’ll have access to the PMP® practice exam for three months.
On successful completion of the course, you will receive an attestation from McGill’s School of Continuing Studies indicating that you have earned 35 Contact Hours of formal project management education required to be eligible to apply to take Project Management Professional (PMP)® or Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® certification exams.
Featured topics include:
- Project Management Foundations
- The Project Environment
- Project Managers & Their Role
- Project Integration Management
- Project Scope Management
- Project Schedule Management
- Project Cost Management
- Project Quality Management
- Project Resource Management
- Project Communications Management
- Project Risk Management
- Project Procurement Management
- Project Stakeholder Management
- Bringing it All Together
The course is designed to enable you to:
- demonstrate a solid understanding of project management principles and concepts as outlined in A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, (PMBOK® Guide) - Sixth Edition;
- articulate the key role, responsibilities, and skills required of a successful project Manager;
- apply practical tools and templates that enable these principles to practice, on current and future projects;
- anticipate and manage some of the common situations and challenges that project managers face;
- meet project management educational requirements to be eligible to apply for the Project Management Professional (PMP)® or Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® credentials;
- prepare to write the certification exam for Project Management Professional (PMP)® or Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® credentials.
For Registration or other administrative questions
- Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm
- (Tel): 514-398-5454
- Windows 7 or higher, MAC OS X
- High-speed Internet connection (DSL or cable)
- Headsets with microphone (USB recommended)
- Latest versions of Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari
- Microsoft Office Word or compatible
Prior to registration, we encourage you to verify that your computer is compatible with our learning management system by clicking on this link.
> Download the FAQ about this course (pdf)
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
PMP and PMBOK are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.