Learn at your own pace. Focus on trouble spots. Anywhere you go, at any convenient time.
Project management skills are required in any workplace – whatever your profession. Whether you need to understand the fundamentals or intend to choose a career in project management, this online course, developed by experienced McGill instructors, is a great place to start!
This comprehensive online course is fully aligned with A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, (PMBOK® Guide Sixth Edition (2017) / Agile Practice Guide) and consists of 14 online modules. Case studies, quizzes, practical tips and advice provided by experienced project management professionals complement the theory and concepts explained in the course. Downloadable templates allow you to apply your learning immediately on the job.
Your virtual mentors – McGill instructors who are seasoned project management professionals – share real-life cases and in-the-field experience through mentor video clips.
- Project Management Foundations
- The Project Environment
- Project Managers & Their Role
- Project Integration Management
- Project Scope Management
- Project Schedule Management
- Project Cost Management
- Project Quality Management
- Project Resource Management
- Project Communications Management
- Project Risk Management
- Project Procurement Management
- Project Stakeholder Management
- Bringing it All Together
On successful completion of the course, you will receive an attestation from McGill’s School of Continuing Studies indicating that you have earned 35 Contact Hours of formal project management education.
The course is designed to enable you to:
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of project management principles and concepts as outlined in A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, (PMBOK® Guide - Sixth Edition (2017) / Agile Practice Guide
- Articulate the key role, responsibilities, and skills required of a successful project Manager
- Apply practical tools and templates to current and future projects
- Anticipate and manage some of the common situations and challenges that project managers face
- Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm
- (Tel): 514-398-5454
- Windows 7 or higher, MAC OS X
- High-speed Internet connection (DSL or cable)
- Headsets with microphone (USB recommended)
- Latest versions of Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari
- Microsoft Office Word or compatible
Prior to registration, we encourage you to verify that your computer is compatible with our learning management system by clicking on this link.