“At its best, schooling can be about how to make a life, which is quite different from how to make a living.”
- Neil Postman, The End of Education: Redefining the Value of School
As a long-standing community dedicated to lifelong learning for sustainable development on campus, the McGill Community for Lifelong Learning (MCLL) is hosting the symposium, The Challenge of Transformation: Lifelong Learning and Living in the 21st Century.
The keynote speaker will be Christine O’Kelly, coordinator of the international Age-Friendly Network based in Dublin, Ireland at Dublin City University. This is an opportunity to participate in a first conversation about reshaping education for the future that will inspire the re-imagining of a university that values all of its students, its research and its community engagement equally.
Together we will explore the possibilities revealed by discussions of Age-Friendly Universities/Cities, Cutting Edge Brain Research and Innovative Pedagogy in the context of rapidly changing technology and increased life expectancy.
The symposium will be live-streamed.
How to Register:
- Click on the grey box with plus (+) sign above.
- Click the 'Add to Cart' link to register.
- Click 'Checkout.'
- If you have already registered for courses on Destiny, you may log into your account using the email address and password you provided. If you are a new student, you may create an account for online registration.
- Fill out the contact information. Only boxes with a star (*) are required but we appreciate any additional information you can provide that will help us know our community better.
- Click 'Continue Checkout' when complete.
- Agree to the Policy Confirmation and click 'Continue Checkout'
- Enter your payment information through our secure payment system. Click 'Process Transaction' when complete.
For registration support:
The Faculty Club is wheelchair accessible.
If you have special dietary needs, please contact Susan Biggs by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org.