DescriptionThis workshop focuses on how to deal with difficult human interactions. While people who work with the public often have to interact with “difficult customers” (from the dissatisfied to the angry, or even verbally abusive clients), this workshop can help anyone who often feels overwhelmed by the frustration or anger of others.
- Identifying sources of defensive reactions
- Becoming familiar with personal “alarm systems”
- Defensive behaviour cycle
- Protection mechanisms
- Techniques to avoid or break defensive patterns and come to mutually acceptable solution.
At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Remain constantly aware of events or behaviours that trigger defensiveness
- Apply techniques to avoid or break defensive patterns
- Diffuse tension and/or anger to reach acceptable solutions.