The Exemption by Examination test is intended for students who do not have the required academic background but who believe they have the necessary knowledge for a co-requisite or prerequisite to a program offered through Career and Professional Development (CPD).
Exemption by Examination tests are for Career and Professional Development students only. Tests are optional and are not applicable to required or complementary course(s) within a program.
There are no re-reads or reassessment, and a candidate cannot review the written test.
Students who fail the Exemption by Examination test will not be permitted to retake the test. Instead, they must enroll in the course for which the particular test was taken.
This Exemption by Examination test applies to the following programs:
- Diploma in Accounting
- Diploma in Applied Finance
- Diploma in Management: International Business
- Diploma in Management: Internet Business
The following textbook is used in the current semester, and is available in the McGill Library:
Book Title: Business Economics: Theory and Practice, 6th Edition ISBN: 978-0- 9695506-2-4
- Chapter 1: Introduction to Economics
- Chapter 2: Demand and Supply
- Chapter 3: The Market Mechanism and Price and Output Determination
- Chapter 3: Demand Analysis, Elasticity and Applications
- Chapter 4 and 5: Production Principles, Productivity Measurement, Costs of Production & Cost Relationships
- Chapter 6: Managerial Decision-Making Rules: Break-Even Analysis, Profit Max., Loss Min., Contribution Margin
- Chapter 7: The Measurement and Interpretation of Macroeconomic Activity: GDP, Unemployment, Inflation & Growth
- Chapter 7: Indicators of Macroeconomic Performance: Standard of Living, Productivity Growth & Saving and Investment
- Chapter 8: Short-term Determinants of Aggregate Economic Activity: Output, Employment, Income & Prices
- Chapter 9 and 11: Algebraic Determination of National Income and Stabilization Policies: Fiscal Policy, Budget Balance, Public Debt & Debt/GDP Ratio
- Chapter 10: Money, Financial Markets, Interest Rate Determination, Central Banking
The results of the test are valid for one year.
The School reserves the right to re-schedule test dates.
- You must have applied and/or been admitted to a CPD program
- Students are not eligible to take the Exemption by Examination test if they are registered, did not receive a passing grade, or have already attempted the course (a grade of W is considered as having attempted the course). In this case students are required to take the course
- Students are not eligible to write an Exemption by Examination test for a course that has been assigned as a "Qualifying Course"