Business analytics integrates statistical analysis, management science, and information technology to solve business problems. Although Excel is one of the most popular and accessible software packages, most users are unaware of its multiple data analysis functions. The Analysis ToolPak in Excel offers powerful tools that allow users to perform statistical and financial analyses using various analytics techniques, including descriptive statistics, correlation, and regression.
The objective of this practical hands-on workshop is to demonstrate to participants how they can use various Excel functions and tools to perform sophisticated data analyses and transform data into valuable business insights.
- Introduction to business analytics
- Descriptive analysis
- Correlation analysis
- Predictive modelling using linear regression
Upon completion of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Summarize a data set using descriptive statistics
- Identify patterns using correlation analysis
- Produce linear regression models
- Examine the results of linear regression models
Participants need to have access to:
- Microsoft Excel (2016 version or later) installed on their computers (not accessed via web browser)