Python has become one of the most widely used programming languages in the world. It is used for web and app development, scientific computing and data science, machine learning, fintech, and more. Mastery of Python is now one of the most in-demand skills across industries and sectors.
This practical workshop introduces the fundamental programming concepts and skills needed to get started in programming with Python. Participants will have ample time to practice and will be provided with instant feedback to improve their skills rapidly. The workshop culminates with an interactive hands-on assignment in which participants will write code using a popular data science library.
- Syntax and semantics of Python
- How code is actually interpreted by a computer
- Building blocks of Python
- Fundamental data structures of Python
- Relationship between computer code and computer memory
- External libraries
Upon completion of this workshop, you should be able to:
- Read Python code and understand the logic behind the code
- Analyze code and infer how it will be interpreted by the computer
- Identify the most common error messages and take effective corrective action
- Use existing Python libraries as required
- Develop Python code to solve practical problems
Who Should Attend?Professionals and students who are new to coding and Python, or those who wish to deepen their understanding of how Python code is interpreted. Candidates who wish to apply to the Professional Development Certificate in Data Science and Machine Learning at the School of Continuing Studies, or other Data Science programs elsewhere.
Course Fee: $1,095
Duration (hours): 18
Discounts: McGill alumni and current students, as well as corporate groups of 3 or more participants, benefit from a 15% discount.