DescriptionClasses will provide instruction in listening and speaking at a basic level. Course content is aimed at helping students acquire the basic communicative skills required to operate in simple everyday settings. Students will have opportunities to practice with proficient French speakers and receive personalized feedback on their language production.
Topics CoveredBasic grammatical structures for communication in French; situational vocabulary; pronunciation; communication strategies.
Upon completion of this course, students should be able to:
- comprehend simple oral messages in predictable contexts
- produce simple oral messages in predictable contexts
- ask and answer basic questions related to familiar topics
- use a basic vocabulary specific to simple, everyday contexts
- interact with French speakers in routine situations embedded in everyday contexts