Data protection is an increasingly important aspect of any organisation’s internal governance. Despite this, it is estimated that 90% of Canadian businesses are not compliant. This non-compliance has the potential to hinder trade with Canada’s largest trading partners: the US, Europe, and Asia.
This workshop will provide a comprehensive overview of various data protection compliance obligations and suggest strategies that companies and organizations can adopt to implement a compliance program.
- Quebec data protection legislation
- Canadian data protection legislation
- European data protection legislation: General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Compliance best practices
Upon completion of this workshop , participants should be able to:
- Explain various data protection regimes
- Identify possible “hot spots” for their organisation
- Implement constructive solutions to prevent potential liability and avoid confidentiality breaches
Who Should Attend?
- Compliance professionals
- Any person who handles personal information and customer data
Course Fee: $595
Duration (hours): 7
Discounts: McGill alumni and current students, as well as corporate groups of 3 or more participants, benefit from a 15% discount.