Negotiating formal contracts and informal agreements that have the effect of a contract are a part of everyday life. Whether you are selling a product, buying a product, starting a job, trying to secure a higher salary, or starting a new business, you have to negotiate the terms and understand their implications.
This workshop is for any professional who wants to learn the essential techniques of negotiating a contract. This would include individuals who have no experience but want to learn the fundamentals of contract negotiations, as well as those who have or will have a job that directly involves negotiating contracts. Participants will be fully engaged in applied learning exercises and self-assessments. The workshop is designed to be fun, challenging, and substantive
- Understanding Negotiations
- Fundamentals of contract negotiations:
- What is a contract?
- How do you negotiate a contract?
- How to be sure the written document reflects the negotiated agreement?
- Negotiation Styles
- What is your natural negotiating style?
- Advantages and disadvantages of different styles
- Negotiation Strategies
- Ethics in Negotiation
At the end of this workshop participants will learn:
- Key negotiation terms and their importance in real life negotiations
- The fundamentals of contract negotiations
- How to identify and leverage your ability to influence in the context of both your professional and personal, everyday situations
- How to structure arguments in your favour
Who Should Attend?
Professionals looking to improve their negotiation skills: entrepreneurs, managers, project leaders, sales professionals, consultants, customer service representatives, etc.
Course Fee: $622.25
Duration (hours): 14
Discounts: McGill alumni and current students, as well as corporate groups of 3 or more participants, benefit from a 15% discount.