Today, more than ever, print and electronic messages need to stand out from an overwhelming amount of information that audiences are exposed to daily. Written correspondence and presentations need to be concise, to-the-point and, most importantly, engaging.
This workshop introduces participants to fundamental theories and practices of communication in today’s demanding and ever-changing workplace. It is designed to help participants develop stronger written, verbal and presentation skills to excel in the workplace.
Participants will play a key role by engaging in group and individual activities and discussions that will strengthen their written and verbal skills. The workshop will be complemented by informative videos, case studies and helpful writing/editing web visits. The facilitator will also share some of his own real-life communication experiences -- successes as well as failures -- for added learning value.
- The benefits of speaking and writing better
- Written and verbal communication
- Active listening skills
- Presentation creation and delivery skills
- Public Speaking Skills
- Time Management Skills
Upon completion of this hands-on workshop, participants will:
- Improve written and verbal communication skills.
- Apply a simple formula that will guarantee communication success.
- Learn how to use valuable block writing letter techniques
- Craft informative and persuasive documents that readers will appreciate.
- Become tougher editors of their own work.
- Use e-mail communication more effectively
- Prepare and deliver attention-getting presentations
- Become active vs. passive listeners
- Use easy-to-learn mnemonic techniques to remember names, content information and numbers.
- Speak more confidently in public