Communication breakdowns are often cited as a source of frustration both at work and at home. Improving communication skills can lead to increases in work or life satisfaction, as well as to the attainment of professional or personal goals. While introspection and analysis can help us understand some of the issues that come between us and other people, developing and applying practical communication tips and techniques can produce surprisingly effective results.
- Communication styles
- Obstacles to communication
- Active listening skills
- Intentional responding techniques
- Trust-building skills and techniques
- Solutions-based communication techniques
- Constructive feedback techniques.
At the end of this workshop the participants will be able to:
- Understand the impact of their communication style and adapt to different communication audiences
- Identify and resolve communication breakdowns
- Apply active listening skills and intentional responding techniques to convey empathy and keep communication channels open
- Apply techniques to diffuse tension and solve problems in difficult communications
- Build trust in their relationships
- Apply constructive feedback techniques to improve relationships and attain goals.
Who Should Attend?Professionals seeking to improve their communication skills.
Course Fee: $937.25
Duration (hours): 14
Discounts: McGill alumni and current students, as well as corporate groups of 3 or more participants, benefit from a 15% discount.