Learn at your own pace. Focus on trouble spots. Anywhere you go, at any convenient time.
Project management skills are required in any workplace – whatever your profession. Whether you need to understand the fundamentals or intend to choose a career in project management, this online course, developed by experienced McGill instructors, is a great place to start!
This course aims to provide a comprehensive overview of key project management concepts underpinning current project management practices and tools. It explores concepts, practices, terms, and definitions presented in the following PMI® Standards and Practice Guides.
- A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide – Sixth Edition), which covers traditional project management practices including processes and process groups.
- A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide – Seventh Edition), which covers principles of project management and project performance domains
- Process Groups: A Practice Guide (2022), which is complementary to the Seventh Edition and covers traditional process groups.
- Agile Practice Guide (2017), which provides an overview of various agile approaches, as well as tools and situational guidelines.
The course consists of 14 online modules. Case studies, quizzes, practical tips and advice provided by experienced project management professionals complement the theory and concepts explained in the course. Downloadable templates allow you to apply your learning immediately on the job.
Your virtual mentors – McGill instructors who are seasoned project management professionals – share real-life cases and in-the-field experience through mentor video clips.
Save a total of $300 when you register for both Project Management: From Principles to Practice and Agile Project Management: Practice and Certification.*
*To select this discount, both courses must be in your basket at checkout.
For each course, make sure to check the box beside ‘Apply a discount’ and, in the dropdown menu, select ‘Online Project Management Discount Package’.
- Project Management Foundations
- The Project Environment
- Project Managers & Their Role
- Project Integration Management
- Project Scope Management
- Project Schedule Management
- Project Cost Management
- Project Quality Management
- Project Resource Management
- Project Communications Management
- Project Risk Management
- Project Procurement Management
- Project Stakeholder Management
- Bringing it All Together
On successful completion of the course, you will receive an attestation from McGill’s School of Continuing Studies indicating that you have earned 35 Contact Hours of formal project management education.
The course is designed to enable you to:
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of project management principles and concepts
- Articulate the key role, responsibilities, and skills required of a successful project Manager
- Apply practical tools and templates to current and future projects
- Anticipate and manage some of the common situations and challenges that project managers face
- Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm
- (Tel): 514-398-5454
- Windows 7 or higher, MAC OS X
- High-speed Internet connection (DSL or cable)
- Headsets with microphone (USB recommended)
- Latest versions of Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari
- Microsoft Office Word or compatible
Prior to registration, we encourage you to verify that your computer is compatible with our learning management system.