Distinguish yourself among Business Analysis practitioners!
The ECBA™+ certification is intended for entry-level Business Analysis professionals. This hands-on interactive course is designed to prepare you for the Level 1 Certificate in the IIBA Core Certification Program - ECBA™ certification exam, which tests the knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals needed for entry into the business analysis field.
In addition to the core ECBA™ curriculum, this course covers the practical ECBA™+ component, which will raise your level of proficiency from knowledge to application of essential business analysis skills.
To obtain the ECBA™+ credential, you need to:
- Successfully complete this ECBA™+ certification training and acquire 21 PD Hours required by IIBA. Participants who demonstrate satisfactory level of skills will be awarded McGill Attestation of Completion.
- Pass the ECBA™ online exam administered by the IIBA.
- Upon successfully passing the ECBA™ online certification exam, you will receive both the ECBA™ and ECBA™+ certifications and digital badge from IIBA.
- Business Rules Analysis
- Data Flow Diagrams
- Document Analysis
- Glossary and Data Dictionary
- Process Analysis & Modelling (SIPOC, Activity Diagram)
- Reviews (Lessons Learned, Requirements Approval)
- Stakeholder Analysis (Lists, Maps, Personas)
- Use Cases & Scenarios
- User Stories
Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Describe the role of the business analyst
- Improve business analysis performance through brainstorming
- Engage stakeholders
- Confirm stakeholder needs
- Explore process analysis and modeling
- Clarify business operations through business rules analysis
- Manage business terms and data elements
- Create basic data flow diagrams
- Conduct interviews to elicit quality requirements
- Outline user interactions via basic use cases and scenarios
- Understand solution components
- Leverage User Stories and other agile techniques with an agile mindset
- Apply the hints & tips to prepare and successfully pass the ECBA Exam
We recommend that you plan to take the ECBA certification exam within 2-3 months maximum of taking this course.
Who Should Attend?
Entry level business analysis professionals, students wishing to enter the business analysis profession.
Course Fee: $1,495
Duration (hours): 21
Discounts: McGill alumni and current students, as well as corporate groups of 3 or more participants, benefit from a 15% discount.