Empowering Career and Leadership Development for Women
This online course is a combination of weekly live online instructor-led sessions and self-directed learning activities and assignments.
Designed to help support ICAO’s initiative on “Air Transport Gender Equality” and commitment to enhance gender equality at all professional and higher levels of employment in the global aviation sector by 2030, this course aims to equip women in aviation and beyond with a carefully curated set of competencies they need to navigate organizational systems and lead their careers, themselves, and their teams towards an impact they can be proud of.
Using a community-based learning approach and hands-on, experiential learning approaches, this practical course is an invitation to a learning journey, which culminates with each participant crafting and presenting their own personal action plan.
Topics Covered include:
- Career Management – Take The Leap!
- Impostor Syndrome
- Emotional Intelligence
- Conflict Management
- Negotiation Skills
- Public Speaking
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
Manage your career with clarity
- Acquire self-assessment skills which lead to purpose-focused decisions
- Enhance clarity, engagement, and resilience in navigating career choices
Manage your mindset through reflection
- Identify imposter syndrome
- Apply strategies to overcome imposter syndrome
- Describe various intelligences required to navigate organizational challenges
- Apply emotional intelligence framework to your work relationships
Build a management skillset
- Identify your conflict profile
- List and describe the four ways to work with conflict
- Apply conflict resolution techniques to your work relationships
- Describe and apply appreciative intelligence
- List and apply negotiation techniques to achieve a win-win outcome
- Present yourself and your ideas with assertion and confidence
Plan for career outcomes
- List and describe the various approaches to leadership
- Describe approaches that encourage ethical decision-making, equality, and diversity
- Recognize situations of inequality and apply appropriate strategies
- Describe power dynamics and areas of influence in organizations
- Apply the appropriate leadership approach aligned to the situation
- Discover yourself, develop your personal brand, and present this brand in alignment to your work culture
- Present your plan for the future and the impact it will have on yourself, your organization and the world.