French for Healthcare Professionals Online: Advanced is designed for current or future health care professionals who wish to improve their communication skills in French. The course focuses on oral skills necessary to function effectively and professionally in real-life healthcare settings. It is composed of four learning modules, each with approximately six hours of learning time.
Each module will contain presentations, videos, exercises, and interactive activities in four main areas:
- Listening Comprehension
Themes and functions related to healthcare including but not limited to:
- Expressing empathy
- Providing psychological support
- Responding to complaints
By the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Use a wide range of specialized vocabulary related to work in healthcare settings;
- Ask a wide variety of health-related questions;
- Respond to unpredictable requests in a variety of professional situations in healthcare contexts;
- Understand and produce a wide variety of messages in unpredictable contexts;
- Interact with proficient speakers in a wide variety of work-related situations.
As the course will be delivered online, students must be equipped with:
- A computer or tablet
- Internet connection
In order to continue to the next level, learners must complete both the online and the face-to-face courses for this level.