French for Healthcare Professionals Online: High Intermediate is designed for current or future health care professionals who wish to improve their communication skills in French. The course focuses on oral skills necessary to function effectively and professionally in real-life healthcare settings. It is composed of four learning modules, each with approximately six hours of learning time.
Each module will contain presentations, videos, exercises, and interactive activities in four main areas:
- Listening Comprehension
Themes and functions related to healthcare including but not limited to:
- Taking a medical history
- Delivering difficult news
By the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Use an expanded range of semi-specialized healthcare vocabulary;
- Ask a variety of work-related questions;
- Respond to semi-predictable work-related requests in healthcare contexts;
- Understand and produce a variety of messages in semi-predictable work-related exchanges;
- Interact with proficient speakers in a variety of work-related situations.
As the course will be delivered online, students must be equipped with:
- A computer or tablet
- Internet connection
In order to continue to the next level, learners must complete both the online and the face-to-face courses for this level.