French for Healthcare Professionals Online: Low Intermediate is designed for current or future health care professionals who wish to improve their communication skills in French. The course focuses on oral skills necessary to function effectively and professionally in real-life healthcare settings. It is composed of four learning modules, each with approximately six hours of learning time.
Each module will contain presentations, videos, exercises, and interactive activities in four main areas:
- Listening Comprehension
Themes and functions related to healthcare including but not limited to:
- Emergency room of a hospital
- Medical innovation
- Diseases and conditions
By the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Use general and semi-specialized vocabulary around common topics related to daily work tasks;
- Use an extended range of question types;
- Respond to semi-predictable work-related requests in healthcare contexts;
- Understand specific and general information in routine work-related exchanges;
- Produce a variety of messages in semi-predictable contexts;
- Interact with proficient speakers in a variety of routine work-related situations.
As the course will be delivered online, students must be equipped with:
- A computer or tablet
- Internet connection
In order to continue to the next level, learners must complete both the online and the face-to-face courses for this level.