French for Healthcare Professionals Online: Elementary is designed for current or future health care professionals who wish to improve their communication skills in French. The course focuses on oral skills necessary to function effectively and professionally in real-life healthcare settings. It is composed of four learning modules, each with approximately six hours of learning time.
Each module will contain presentations, videos, exercises, and interactive activities in four main areas:
- Listening Comprehension
Themes and functions related to healthcare including but not limited to:
- Medical equipment
- Healthcare staff and their roles
- Consultation and diagnosis
By the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Use an expanded range of vocabulary related to everyday life and the healthcare world;
- Ask simple but varied questions related to work in healthcare settings;
- Respond to predictable and simple requests;
- Understand the gist of an exchange in a simple yet authentic professional situation;
- Produce a variety of short messages in predictable contexts;
- Interact with proficient speakers in routine and predictable work-related situations.
As the course will be delivered online, students must be equipped with:
- A computer or tablet
- Internet connection
In order to continue to the next level, learners must complete both the online and the face-to-face courses for this level.