French for Healthcare Professionals Online: Basic is designed for current or future health care professionals who wish to improve their communication skills in French. The course focuses on oral skills necessary to function effectively and professionally in real-life healthcare settings. It is composed of four learning modules, each with approximately six hours of learning time.
Each module will contain presentations, videos, exercises, and interactive activities in four main areas:
- Listening Comprehension
Themes and functions related to healthcare including but not limited to:
- Medical specialties
- Body parts; health status
- Reception at the hospital
By the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Use basic vocabulary specific to simple contexts of everyday life and the healthcare world;
- Ask and answer simple questions on concrete and familiar topics;
- Understand simple requests or instructions;
- Produce simple oral messages in a variety of predictable contexts;
- Give basic information about themselves, their patients and their daily activities.
As the course will be delivered online, students must be equipped with:
- A computer or tablet
- Internet connection
In order to continue to the next level, learners must complete both the online and the face-to-face conversation courses for this level.