Individual change and action is critical to ending structural discrimination in our society.
This “Toward Radical Empathy” workshop is based on the work of Dr. Terri E. Givens, a leading expert on racism and an internationally recognized author. Inspired by her personal story and her latest book, Radical Empathy: Finding a Path to Bridging Racial Divides, this workshop takes learners on a powerful journey through the landscape of discrimination, racism, and injustice. Equipped with this knowledge, and after exploring their own personal journeys, learners will be asked to take action. Bridging divides through education, conversation, and empathy, “Toward Radical Empathy” seeks to promote inclusive leadership, to engage learners in the practice of radical empathy and, ultimately, to create positive social change.
Learn more about Terri Givens and her approach to radical empathy in this interview.
- Systemic racism
- Taking action to create change
- Inclusive Leadership
Learning OutcomesUpon completion of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Describe the current state of diversity, equity, and inclusion in contemporary society
- Recognize structural racism in our surrounding systems.
- Identify and understand causes of systemic injustice and racism.
- Appreciate the importance of being vulnerable and open to the experience of others.
- Explain the concept of inclusive leadership
- Implement a personal action plan to implement radical empathy in your workplace.
- Implement the key steps to inclusive leadership
Who Should Attend?Open to anyone who wishes to learn to communicate and relate to others with empathy and discover the path to inclusive leadership.
Registration Fee: $595 includes Radical Empathy: Finding a Path to Bridging Racial Divides and the reading guide.