The Professional Development Certificate in Residential and Condominium Property Management is designed to equip property managers, administrators of self-managed condominiums and residential real estate investors with the knowledge and skills required to manage all types of residential properties, including mixed-use properties. Focus on the underlying legal, financial, accounting, and technical frameworks, as well as property management and administration best practices.
The program is bilingual, where some courses are delivered in English and some in French, course material is provided in both languages for all courses, participants can communicate in class in the language of their choice and submit their assignments in English or French.
- Understand main legal principles and frameworks governing various types of residential properties including rental, co-ownership and mixed-use properties
- Manage all financial and accounting aspects of a residential property and/or condominium (including the contingency fund and the new auto insurance fund) in order to ensure their sustainability
- Organize and control the finances of a residential building or a condominium and plan a financial strategy accordingly
- Manage emergency situations and claims
- Understand the structural elements of a residential building as well as their maintenance and work management
- Efficiently manage operations including development of internal policies, procedures, record keeping, and contract management
- Manage rentals and relationships with tenants or co-owners