*The program should be completed within 2 years.
Equip yourself with the essential knowledge needed to work through a complete data science pipeline and to build machine learning models for specific goals such as prediction or classification.
Develop key competencies in data science, including:
- Application of statistical analysis
- Machine learning
- Data mining
- Data management
- Data visualization
During the program, you will work in cross-functional teams to translate your learnings into business insights to help guide business decisions.
The program is designed to enable you to:
- Demonstrate solid understanding of relevant statistical, mathematical concepts and computational tools.
- Apply essential data science tools to ingest, clean, process and analyze various large data sets using batch and streaming modes.
- Work through all the phases of a complete data science pipeline with structured and unstructured data.
- Test and evaluate different machine learning techniques, and learn how to select the proper one in order to solve a business problem.
- Formulate a business need or problem into a data science project and select the proper tools and algorithms needed.
- Interpret and effectively communicate data insights by using data visualization and storytelling techniques and translate them into business-specific knowledge.
Program Toolkit & Languages
- Apache Hadoop
- Apache Spark
Who Should Attend
- Both established professionals and recent university graduates seeking to acquire essential technical data science and machine learning knowledge and skills or wishing to embark on a career in data science.
- Individuals planning to pursue INFORMS Certified Analytics Professional (CAP®) certification or other similar designations.
- Strong quantitative background
- Proficiency in Excel, Access or other data analysis tools
- Essential programming skills, preferably in Python
Students may take the following self-assessment online tests to establish their level of proficiency in Python.
Students without prior knowledge of Python should complete the following Python courses online and provide proof of completion:
- Introduction to Python for Data Science course (prior to taking YCBS 255 - Statistical Machine Learning)