Advance your career and reach the highest levels of parliamentary management!
This program is designed to enable you to:
- Support the work of parliamentarians
- Contribute to strengthening parliamentary governance in your country
- Apply successful research and policy analysis methods, while contributing to the legislative process
- Exchange best practices with parliamentarians from around the world
- Enrich your parliamentary knowledge through a curriculum design based on feedback from parliaments from all over the world
- Study at McGill University, ranked among the world’s top universities
- Experience the flexibility of online courses, enabling participants to complete program requirements with minimum disruption to their work and family schedule
- Apply what you learn to your own parliamentary environment and choose your own practical research projects
- Work with, and be mentored by, a highly qualified teaching team combining senior-level practical parliamentary experience and world-class subject-matter expertise
- Share your work experiences and network with your international colleagues to ascertain best practices and explore the possibility of short-term parliamentary attachments
- Receive a Professional Development Certificate in Parliamentary Management from McGill University’s School of Continuing Studies upon successful completion of the program
Who Should Attend?
- Mid-level parliamentary staff, who have the potential to reach the highest levels of parliamentary management
- Priority will be given to procedural staff, research staff, and administrative staff involved in the corporate governance of parliament
- Staff from the executive and judicial branches of government, political caucuses, international development and assistance agencies, journalists from the parliamentary press corps, as well as mid-career professionals who wish to work in parliament (space permitting)
"It was an enriching experience all the way. The program helped me understand the importance of capacity building for parliamentary staff and even parliamentarians to ensure good governance and accountability."
Aisha Ali Kotoko - National Secretariat of Nigerian Legislatures, National Assembly of Nigeria