Advance your career and reach the highest levels of parliamentary management!
As a member of parliamentary staff, you have the power to strengthen your nation’s government. Equip yourself with the latest best practices and trends, learn from experts, and network with colleagues from around the world. Best of all, you can learn at your own pace with our convenient online courses.
The goal of this program is to advance parliamentary democracy by enhancing knowledge and understanding of democratic governance. The curriculum is based on international best practices and uses blended learning methods, including one-on-one mentoring, face-to-face networking, and online courses. By equipping parliamentary staff to become the ‘corporate memory’ of parliament, the program helps build the legislatures of tomorrow.
* This program is offered in English and must be completed within 2 years.
- Enrich your parliamentary knowledge through a curriculum designed based on feedback from parliaments from all over the world.
- Study at McGill University, ranked among the world’s top universities.
- Experience the flexibility of online courses, enabling participants to complete program requirements with minimum disruption to their work and family schedule.
- Apply what you learn to your own parliamentary environment and choose your own practical research projects.
- Work with, and be mentored by, a highly qualified teaching team combining senior-level practical parliamentary experience and world-class subject-matter expertise.
- Share your work experiences and network with your international colleagues to ascertain best practices and explore the possibility of short-term parliamentary attachments.
- Receive a Professional Development Certificate in Parliamentary Management from McGill University’s School of Continuing Studies upon successful completion of the program.
Who Should Attend
- The program is designed for mid-level parliamentary staff that have the potential to reach the highest levels of parliamentary management.
- Priority will be given to procedural staff, administrative staff involved in the corporate governance of parliament, and to research staff.
- Staff from the executive and judicial branches of the Government, political caucuses, international development and assistance agencies, journalists from the parliamentary press corps, mid-career professionals who wish to work in parliament will also be considered if space permits.
The program is designed to enable you to:
- Support the work of parliamentarians
- Contribute to strengthening parliamentary governance in your country
- Apply successful research and policy analysis methods while contributing to the legislative process
- Exchange best practices with parliamentarians from around the world