The Machine Learning short program, offered by Faculty Partnerships & Summer Studies, has been designed for undergraduate-level university students wishing to further expand their knowledge in this topic. If you are interested in acquiring essential practical machine learning knowledge and skills, this program is for you!
A completed first-year of university in a related field is recommended. In some cases, working professionals may also enroll. Individuals are encouraged to register for the entire non-credit program and cannot register for a single course independent of the program.
Requirements and Prerequisites
- Be currently enrolled in or hold a Bachelor of Engineering (B. Eng), Bachelor of Science (B. Sc.), Bachelor of Commerce in MIS (B. Com MIS), or Bachelor of Computer Science (B. CompSc).
- Assumed prior knowledge includes concepts covered in the following McGill courses: COMP 206, COMP 251, MATH 353, or equivalent.
- Have intermediate programming skills in Python
- All students will be asked to provide proof of online assessment as part of the registration process.
- Students may take one of the following online self-assessment tests to establish their level of proficiency in Python:
All short programs will be confirmed two (2) months prior to the start date of the session. Short programs beginning in July will be confirmed in May, while programs beginning in January will be confirmed in December.
For in-person teaching activities: Students currently residing outside of Quebec are advised to refrain from making any travel or accommodation arrangements until the selected program has been confirmed. In the event of a program cancellation, students can choose to follow another short program or request a reimbursement.
** Please note that accommodation options are only available for in-person teaching activities.
Accommodation at the student residence Evo Old Montreal can be purchased separately. More information concerning accommodation options and pricing will be sent to all participants, by e-mail, following program confirmation.
For any registration or administrative questions, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.